It is not every day that I get the change to encourage others to believe in themselves and share the lessons I’ve learned that helped me become a better human being and connect with people at a deeper level. Well, this past weekend…it freaking happened!
I volunteer for an amazing team of fun loving people who run The Good Life Project and during camp, I had the privilege to share some of my knowledge with an amazing crowd of fun loving souls. The lessons I shared have shaped me into the person I am today and I was delighted to put it all out there for the world to see. Luckily, a friend of mine recorded my presentation and I just can’t keep all this sparkle to myself.
The Lessons included are:
- Nobody gets ready by waiting, you get ready by starting
- It is OK to ask for help
- Surround yourself with people who want you to grow and succeed
- Education is not the only way to make it to the top, but for me, as an immigrant…it was
- Some people will only love you as long as you fit in their box. Don’t be afraid to disappoint them.
- Hope is good to have, but it is not a strategy… You need a plan with SMART goals
- Cultivate the art of flexibility
- Stop outsourcing your happiness as it is an inside….“Be with someone who makes you happy”
- Learn to make fear your best friend
- If you have an accent, it is an asset, don’t feel embarrassed by it
- Reading books is the best gift you can give your future self
- No, and I don’t want to are complete sentences
- Give yourself the permission to make mistakes
- Choose to be grateful
- The end is always the beginning
I welcome you to view my presentation, find one or two lessons that resonate with you and share your comments below.