A List of 20 Random Things You Don’t Know About Me
I figure that now that we are officially in love with each other, you must be curious about me.
Here is a list of 20 facts you do not know about me:
- I love traveling and learning about new cultures, foods, music, etc.
- I don’t have huge fears but you don’t want to see what I do if I see a water bug.
- I love hugging but it is not easy to find people who love it too and it can also get me in trouble so I don’t do it much (except with my CampGLP tribe), now that is what I call a group of hug-loving people.
- After reading Elie Wiesel’s memoir Night a few years ago, I was not the same person and decided I needed to visit Auschwitz. I was able to make this a reality in 2014.
- I sometimes need to move my right foot to go to sleep or play meditation music.
- I don’t care much for any sweets, chocolate, cakes, or ice cream…I actually find it overwhelming to eat more than a piece of it. The only exception is caramel bread pudding (hint hint).
- I was born and raised in The Dominican Republic, moved to the US at the age of 16 and didn’t know how my name was pronounced in English until months later.
- I’ve had many failed pregnancy attempts including 2 miscarriages.
- I’m an extremely loyal friend and would do anything for my BFF.
- I’m obsessed with knowledge and read a few new books each month plus watch YouTube videos and listen to at least 8 different Podcasts during the week.
- I hated avocados my entire life and would never eat it until 2-3 years ago when I decided to try Guacamole and thought it was something I could eat. Today, I eat avocados almost every week.
- I am a TEDx Speaker and shared my passion for the need to have more mentors for women and minorities in Tech at #tedxchelseapark in 2019. People usually ask me if I was reading during my talk and I was not, I memorized the entire talk… My dog too lol
- After the age of 30, I switched to being a morning person and now wake up at 5:30 am without an alarm. It all started after reading The Miracle Morning so if you thought it was impossible, here is your hope.
- I hate losing and am super competitive in most things I do.
- I have the same middle name as my sister and my mom. My mom said every girl in the family was going to have her name and she wasn’t kidding… We are all named Violet!
- I miss growing up without a father and try to brush it off all the time, but deep inside, I really missed that A LOT.
- I hate wearing belts. Not sure you will ever see me wearing one of those things.
- I played Volleyball in High School and was quite good at it…At least in my mind 🙂
- I’m a middle child… no need to say more lol… well, maybe that fact that I do have a therapist, ok but that’s it… no more… oh and one more… I am a people pleaser and never want to see people fighting or arguing in front of me… ok I’ll shut up now.
- I have naturally curly hair and getting ready in the morning can take minimum half an hour each freaking day!
What fact from the list above surprised you the most?
Let me know what you thought in the comments below!
What’s something random about you? feel free to share. I’d love to read your answers.